Beginner’s Silver Jewelry Class
NOVA Jewelry workshop are designed for the complete beginner. With experienced instructor and small class setting, we will ensure you have an enjoyable time and leave the workshop with new skills and beautiful handmade jewelry. Classes can be booked for 1 day and upto 5 days on any weekdays. Experience the process of crafting unique jewelry pieces created by you.
- Learn to craft your own silver jewelry such as rings or pendants.
- Hands on projects to teach you techniques from forming shapes in silver to surface finishing.
- English speaking instructor with 20+ years experience in silversmith.
- Whole day classes from 9:30am – 3:30pm with a 1 hour break for lunch (not included).
- Available to book every Monday – Friday (no weekends).
- Small class sizes up to 7 people per day in a fully equip jewelry workshop.
- day workshop is 1,750 BHT (approx. US$ 56)
- days workshop is 3,400 BHT (approx. US$109)
- days workshop is 5,100 BHT (approx. US$164)
- days workshop is 6,700 BHT (approx. US$216)
- days workshop is 8,200 BHT (approx. US$264)
(Class bookings can be rescheduled to a later date. There is no refund for cancellation.)
Silver material cost is separate from the course fee.
Silver is 40 baht / gm. measure from the finished jewelry (Average ring band is about 250-500 Baht) (about 7-15 US$)
Sterling Silver Pendant
For the pendant project you may start with a design in mind or choose from several predetermined designs. Through direct interaction with the materials and tools and with instruction from the teacher you will learn the following techniques.
- Piercing/ drilling
- Sawing out graphic shapes
- Filing and refining forms
- Forming a silver dome
- Silver polishing and surfacing
Sterling Silver Ring
Learning to make a perfect circular form is one of the most basic and important skills in jewelry making. In this project you will learn to form a perfect silver ring from silver sheet or wire.
- How to determine the size of a ring for any individual.
- Torch techniques for soldering.
- How to form sheet or wire into a perfect circular form.
- Surface decoration and texturing techniques. Metal finishing and polishing.
3rd Day Stone Setting
Stone setting can be one of the most demanding and rewarding aspects of jewelry making. After completing the first 2 projects you will learn the follow technique for the bezel stone setting method
- How to select a stone for trouble free bezel setting
- Design considerations for bezel stone setting
- How to solder a bezel setting on to a ring or pendant
- The techniques and tools for bezel setting
*To finalize the booking, deposit can be made in person or online.
Payment in person can be made at our shop during studio hours everyday at least 1 day in advance.
For online payment our staff will email you with a Paypal invoice .
(Credit Card accepted for both options.)
**Booking more than 2 months in advance would be confirmed in 2 months from the booking date.